|“||Go! Go! Girls! Go!||”|
Girls2 (ガールズガールズ; Stylized as Girls² and pronounced Girls Girls) are a Japanese girls performance group that debuted on June 26, 2019, from EXPG Studios graduates.
The members who portrayed main characters in the first 3 seasons of the Girls x Heroine! series were officially announced on March 29, 2019. They debuted with 8 members in June of the same year with Ran later joining the group in July.
Their name is reminiscent of the Girls x Heroine series, where the idol units doubled a single word as their group name.
They are often referred to as "GaruGaru" (ガルガル) by their fans.
- 1 History
- 2 Members
- 3 Discography
- 4 Books
- 5 Media
- 6 Trivia
- 7 References
- 8 Navigation
On March 29, 2019, during Magical2's Special Live in Osaka, a new girl group was announced. A video was shown to the audience which was later uploaded onto social media. It was revealed that four girls from Magical2 would join along with the three (at the time) members of Mirage2. Finally announcing the final member, Yuzuha Oda from Miracle2.
The video revealed that their debut song would be used as the 1st opening theme song for the 3rd Girls x Heroine series, Secret x Heroine Phantomirage! They performed for the first time during that stage with 'Daijoubu' as well as Mirage2's “Janken Pon”. After the performance, the group performed Miracle2's debut song, “Catch Me”. Misaki was also announced to be the leader of the group.
Fans wondered why only 8 members were in the group, and Yuki from Magical2 as well as the four from Miracle2 weren't participating. However, it was later clarified that the girls were all still EXPG students which later became graduates. All 8 girls were the main cast of each season of the Girls x Heroine series and members of their idol groups.
2019: Debut, New Member & 1st Mini-Album
Later, news also released that the girls2 members (except Mirage2) were to be Oha Girls on the show OhaSuta called Oha Girl from Girls2 starting from April 1, 2019, with each girl taking a particular day of the week.
On June 26, 2019, Girls2 debuted with their first single 'Daijoubu'.
In the show "Phantomirage", a new cast member was added called Seira Kureha who was played by Ran Ishii. Fans already knew she would join the idol group Mirage2 but it was unknown if she would join Girls2.
On July 6, 2019, Ran was announced to be the newest member via social media. With the announcement of the new member, a mini-album was revealed to be released on October 30, 2019. The title track "Koisuru Kamo (Mini-Album) (Maybe Falling in Love) was then used as the second opening of the show.
2020: 2nd Mini-Album, Live Tour, and Anime
On November 17, 2019, Girls2 announced that they will have a Live Tour called "Girls2 Live Tour 2020 ~Chuwapane~ from March 7 to June 28, 2020, in 8 towns in Japan. However, due to COVID-19, all of their performances from March to May were cancelled, including their release events for Chuwapane.
They were announced to provide the theme song "Guru Guru" for February 22, 2020 movie release "Movie Meow Meow Japanese History ~Ryoma's Crazy Time Travel!~" (映画 ねこねこ日本史 ～龍馬のはちゃめちゃタイムトラベルぜよ！～). It was also revealed on January 12 that Chuwapane is also the name of the title track for their 2nd mini-album where the title track is also used as the 3rd opening for Phantomirage. To celebrate their first live tour, Girls2 held a Girls2 Cafe available in Harajuku, Tokyo from March 20 until April 6.
For the entire month of March, Girls2 released a series of news through a project named "10 Made Todoke" (in reference to the Miracle2 song). A documentary about the success of Girls2 will air on TV Tokyo on March 22 and March 29 called "Girls2 ~The Miracle of 9~ which will be narrated by E-girls member, Nonoka Yamaguchi.
On March 3, 2020, a Girls2 based anime "Girl School. ~St. Girls Square Academy~ was announced via OhaSuta. It will air on April 6 every Monday with Girls2 voicing their own characters, as well as providing the opening theme. Girls2 will also make a cameo appearance in the live-action 2020 of the manga "Kiss Him, Not Me" with the same name whilst also providing the theme song "Watashi ga Motete Dousunda".
Announced through OhaSuta on March 27, 2020, the four Mirage2 members will join the OhaGirls, making all 9 Girls2 members part of the OhaSuta cast.
Due to the cancellation of their first live tour, a free live streaming event Girls2 Live Streaming Event ~Chuwapane! at home~ is to be held on July 12 instead.
On September 24, a new project "Asadan" was announced where Girls2 members, Misaki, Kurea, Kira, and Youka, would appear on KBC's "Asadesu." with dance exercise instructors KEIJI (Exile Keiji) and Bobby (Exile Nesmith). The theme song "Dancing" was released digitally on October 1st with Keiji and Bobby as features.
Two new songs were announced on October 6 and will be used as the opening and ending themes for the anime Meow Meow Japanese History. "Japanese STAR" and "Neko Neko Nihonshi Oboe Uta ~ Zenjidai Maruwakari♪~" will be released digitally on October 7.
On October 14, Girls2 digitally released "#Kizuna Plus" which will be used as the first image song for Takeshita Street, Harajuku. They will also perform on "TGC Teens 2020 Winter Live" on November 13.
On December 1, Girls2 announced they will hold another collaboration with Takeshita Street, but with GaruGaku called "Girls²×GaruGaku＝Happy²Winter2020 Takeshita Street". The song used will be South2's newest song Holy Magic ~Otona ni Natte mo Tokenai Mahou~.
On December 23 via Oha Suta, Girls2 were revealed to provide the theme song "STARRRT!" for the Lovepatrina film.
2021: Girls2 REVOLUTION, GaruGaru Youtube
After Girls2 Online Live in November, Girls2 announced a second documentary that would be uploaded to Youtube every Wednesday and Saturday. The documentary will have 24 episodes, beginning on January 2.
In the new year, Girls2 revealed a new youtube channel titled "GaruGaru Channel" that will show the other side of Girls2 and will upload their first video on January 11. GaruGaru is a channel where they'll play games and challenges unique to teens. The channel is stated to be planning various collaborations! They will upload every Monday and Thursday!
Girls2 appeared in the special edition of the March Issue of Nylon Japan which released on January 28, due to winning "Nylon's Next 2021" under the category “Girl Groups”.
On February 18, 2021, Girls2 were announced to be the image models for ABC Mart's "HAWKINS Loafer", with their posters and behind-the-scenes videos to appear in various stores. 3 days later, on February 22, it was announced that Girls2 were to appear as one of the opening acts at Tokyo Girls Collection 2021 S/S. After their performance, Girls2 revealed their 4th EP "Girls Revolution/Party Time!" will be released on April 28.
On March 1, all 9 Girls2 members were announced as cast in the upcoming Lovepatrina movie, starring as their Heroine roles. After their Garugaku Anime Live, they revealed that they were to have a live action sequel to their anime titled ”Garugaku. Girls Garden” which will start air July 7 on TV Tokyo.
With the release of their 4th EP, Girls2 renewed their website.
|November 7, 2004|| Sky Blue
Former Oha Girl
|November 20, 2004|| Blue
Former Oha Girl
|April 18, 2003|| Orange
Former Oha Girl
|April 2, 2004|| Purple
Former Oha Girl
|August 19, 2003|| White
Former Oha Girl
|December 26, 2006|| Pink
|January 20, 2004|| Yellow
|April 2, 2005|| Green
|August 7, 2004|| Red
Main Article: Girls2/Discography
- Daijoubu (2019)
- Watashi ga Motete Dousunda (2020)
- Daiji na Mono/#Kizuna Plus (2020)
- Japanese STAR (2021)
- Girls Revolution/Party Time! (2021)
- GaruGaku. Complete Best (2021)
|Girls2 1st LIVE PHOTOBOOK "The Bond of 9" (Girls² 1st LIVE PHOTOBOOK 「9人のキズナ」)||SSZX-99857||Release Date: February 25, 2021|
- Idol x Warrior Miracle Tunes! (2017 - 2018) - Yuzuha
- Magical x Heroine MagimajoPures! (2018 - 2019) - Momoka, Misaki, Youka and Kurea
- Secret x Heroine Phantomirage! (2019 - 2020) - Minami, Kira, Toa, and Ran
- Oha Suta (April 2019 - March 2020) - Misaki, Yuzuha, Momoka, Kurea and Youka (Oha Girls)
- NHK Education Television "E-dance Acadamy" (July 26, 2019)
- Gathering in the Pokemon House (August 4, 2019) - Yuzuha & Misaki
- Girls2 ~The Miracle of 9~ (March 22 & 29, 2020)
- Oha Suta (April 2020 - present) - Minami, Kira, Toa and Ran (Oha Girls)
- Sukkiri (April 2, 2020) - Guests
- Bittomo x Heroine Kirameki Powers! (2021) - Kurea (Regular)
- Nikkan Sports Newspaper (August 15, 2019 - September 22, 2019) - Yuzuha, Misaki & Kurea
- Monthly EXILE (November) - Misaki, Toa & Ran
- Nikka Sports (December) - Youka, Kira & Ran
- WEGO Magazine (March 2020) - Kira, Youka & Kurea
- Top Yell NEO 2020SPRING (Spring 2020) - Yuzuha, Misaki, Youka and Kurea
- Monthly EXILE (October) - Kurea & Ran
- NYLON JAPAN (March 2021)
Main Article: Girls2 Performances
- Girls2 Live Tour 2020 ~Chuwapane~
(March 7, 2020 - June 28, 2020)CANCELLED
- Girls2 Live Streaming Event ~Chuwapane! at home~ July 12, 2020
- Girls2 Online Live 2020 - November 15, 2020
- BARKS (January 12, 2020) - Yuzuha, Toa, Misaki, Ran & Kurea (interview)
- MIKAN (January 22, 2020) - Yuzuha, Toa, Misaki, Ran & Kurea (interview)
- Real Sound (January 31, 2020) - Yuzuha, Toa, Misaki, Ran & Kurea (interview)
- Real Sound (March 13, 2020) - Feature
- Girls2 holds a few similarities to their senior group, E-girls. Both are combination units that include "Girls" in their name.
- For the entirety of the Chuwapane promotions, the girls swapped colors temporarily. However, the color white was replaced with a darker green.
- These colors were then used as their GaruGaku. colors.
- Their name is in reference to the Girls x Heroine series and their iconic "²" groups.
- Though they initially debuted with 8 members, Ran has been a member of the group since the very beginning.
- Girls2 are always introduced in the order they made their Girls x Heroine appearance. With Yuzuha (Fuka) first and Ran (Seira) last. This can also go the other way, with Ran first and Yuzuha last.
|Misaki Tsuruya • Kurea Masuda • Kira Yamaguchi • Youka Ogawa • Ran Ishii • Yuzuha Oda|
|Sub-units||• • • •|
|EPs||• • •|
|OhaGirl from Girls2 Singles||• • •|
|TV Shows||OhaSuta • GaruGaku.|
|Documentaries||Girls2 ~The Miracle of 9~ • Girls2 REVOLUTION|